We promote open Objectivism: the philosophy of reason, achievement, individualism, and freedom.
Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism was set forth in such works as her epic novel Atlas Shrugged, and in her brilliant non-fiction essays. Objectivism is designed as a guide to life, and celebrates the remarkable potential and power of the individual. Objectivism also challenges the doctrines of irrationalism, self-sacrifice, brute force, and collectivism that have brought centuries of chaos and misery into the lives of millions of individuals. It provides fascinating insights into the world of politics, art, education, foreign policy, science, and more, rewarding you with a rich understanding of how ideas shape your world. Those who discover Objectivism often describe the experience as life-changing and liberating.
Ayn Rand's philosophical works have been praised as presenting historic breakthroughs in thinking. At the Atlas Society, our scholars work to further develop this philosophy born in the mid-twentieth century. We present the empowering principles of Objectivism to a global audience, and offer those principles as a rational and moral alternative in the marketplace of philosophical ideas.
We do this through a variety of programs, which include:
- Developing our digital channels which garner more than 1 million views annually.
- Introducing tens of thousands of engaged young adults to Objectivism annually via this website.
- Original scholarly research which further develops the philosophy.
- Academic training of young intellectuals.
- Publishing and commissioning influential books and monographs.
- Original commentary and op-eds published in mainstream media.
- Conferences and other sponored events.
Join our community of explorers. First, sign up for our email updates. Read more about what we stand for. Then explore this website, designed for the curious, truth-seeking, independent-minded individual.